Monday, June 13, 2011

Snow Crab Legs and Religion

My wife absolutely loves snow crab legs.  She gets pumped like a linebacker in a football game at the mere mention of snow crab legs.  Watching her take down a plate of those things takes me back to some scene on National Geographic, its quite savage.  I hopes she doesn't read this, and do me a favor and don't tell her about this or I may be treated like one of those snow crab legs.  Me, I don't really care for snow crab legs.  It's not because I don't like the taste of them because I do.  I don't like them because they take so much work to eat.  You have to crack em', peel, crack some more, pull the meat out and dip them in the butter before they ever even get to your mouth.  I like my food to be work-free and ready to insert into my mouth like fried shrimp.  I get excited for fried shrimp like a 13yr old girl at a Justin Bieber concert.  All I have to do to those things is shovel em' into my mouth until I pass out into a shrimp induced coma.  I like my food to come with little to no work involved.
That's why I like following Christ, it doesn't require work.  It's not based on following strict, rigorous laws but based on a beautiful relationship between me and my Creator.  It's not like snow crab leg religion where you have to work so hard to gain the rewards.  It's a glorious plate of perfectly fried shrimp.  Salvation is free and work-less.  Following Christ is fun and rewarding.  I truly feel sorry for those who are drudging through life cracking snow crabs trying to attain freedom.  You and I cannot earn or work our way into God's grace.  It is given to us through a relationship with His son who paid the price for us.  The choice is completely ours.   Will you sign up for strict, hard working religious practices or the free relationship found in Christ.   I invite you to  pick up your shrimp, dip them into some cocktail sauce and enjoy living for Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment