Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Art of Being Made Fun Of

My wife gets on to me quite often for making fun of people. I just can't help it though. I think it's one of my spiritual gifts. I know it's bad, but I can spot a big nose from 400 yards. I come from a long line of people who make fun of people. I have asked God to help me with it, but I have gotten nothing so far. Now, don't act like you don't do it from time to time. You are not that holy. Besides, I think it does us some good to face some criticism and joking from time to time. It makes us stronger better people. I'm not malicious moe do I persecute people. But persecution is what drove the church to grow in the New Testament. If you ask me the church of 2011 could use a little more persecution. Its when we are drawn out of our areas of comfort that we grow and become more of what God wants. I think we tend to be a little too comfortable here as the church in America. Persecution and discomfort is a catalyst for growth for the church in many third world countries today as it was in the New Testament. Now i am not advocating we be chased underground or threatened to be beaten to death, but there is something to be said of the faith of those who have had to endure those things. I think we need a little ruffling of the feathers.  And instead of it makes us ashamed and afraid it should make us proud and strong.  So at the risk of being made fun of, let's all try to get a little uncomfortable for the sake of God's kingdom.  

No comments:

Post a Comment