Saturday, December 17, 2011

If You Were Stuck On An Island

"If you were stuck on an island what is the one thing you would want to have?" The age old question rears its ugly head once again. This question has been debated for years. A knife, your wife or significant other,book, gun? What would it be? I have firmly decided what it would be for me. My Bible I don't say this in some super-spiritual way but in a very humble way. You see I am at the end of what has been on of the toughest years I have been through. I have rediscovered through this process of pruning and purifying that God's word is truly my lifeline. Without His word I nor you can make it in this life. Those who are skeptically when it comes to to the power of God's. Word would not understand. It's more than a book. It's life. When reading His word, the Holy Spirit brings the ink of the pages to life and illuminates them in my heart. Through the hardest times of my life I have clung to the Bible and have been able to press on in hopes of receiving the prize God has for me. So if you find yourself stuck on an island of doubt,fear,worry,financial hardship,sickness,depression,or a literal island I encoeurage you to brak out the Bible and watch the Rescuer come quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment